The history of Solid-Group
We began as a small local business with just three employees. That was not so many years ago. Since then, we have been on an exciting journey with great growth and challenges to solve.
Here, you can read the story of how we have come to where we are today.
Name change from Ringkøbing Maskinværksted to Solid production and “start” of Solid-Group.
Investment in 9000 m² of new production area on Stålvej in Skjern.
Kubi Ståldesign, Spjald, becomes a part of Ringkøbing Maskinværksted. 125 employees.
First heating solution is produced and put into operation.
Export of small wind turbines begins and the first turbines are exported to Japan.
ISO certification for DS/EN 1090-1+1A. 97 employees.
First small wind turbine is exported to the UK, and MCS endorsement is achieved.
Nacelle assembly and servicing of turbines moves to 3000 m² assembly shop in Spjald.
Fibreglass production moves to Stauning and Skjern in production facilities sized 1200 and 1500 m² respectively.
Serial production of small wind turbines begins in earnest. 70 employees.
Mounting of the first prototype wind turbine at the factory. 65 employees.
Start-up of fibreglass production.
ISO certification in ISO 9001 and ISO DS/EN 3834-2. 65 employees.
Construction of new 1800 m² welding hall with two overhead travelling cranes and a lifting capacity of 25 tonnes.
Kongevejens Smede- og Maskinværksted ApS changes its name and becomes Ringkøbing Maskinværksted A/S. 55 employees.
Construction of new factory with two production halls, each sized 1000 m². One for sheet metal processing primarily in aluminium, the other for welding and machine processing.
Carsten Lauridsen invests in the former Kongevejens Smede- og Maskinværksted. The company has three employees.